In line with the requirements of our Memorandum of Incorporation, the term of the current board of Directors shall expire shortly. We therefore call for suitable qualified individuals to please submit their nominations/apllications for the vacancies of non-executive directors that shall soon exist.
Eligibility of nominees/applicants:
Nominnes must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. The individual should be no older than 70 years on 01 May, 2020.
2. The individual should have a minimuam 5 years cumulative experience as:
- Previous board/board committe experince; and/ or
- Experience as company secretary; and/ or
- A partner, associate or senior manager of professional practice of substance e.g. accountants, architects, attorneys, engineers etc; and/ or
- An ececutive at senior level of any organization; and/or
- A director or equivilant position at non-profit organization of substance; and/or
- A business owner/entrepreneur with established business that has been trading for a minimum of 10 years; and/or
- Any form of trading by the Institute of Directors od South Africa (loDSA)
3. Preference will be given to individuals with accounting/auditing, HR management, marketing, education & training, stakeholder relations and/legal qualifications and/or experience.
The applications of eligibility criteria are subject to the discretion of the appointed audit firm Scheduled Board meetings that are held quarterly on site. A stipend in lieu of meetings attended, is payable to cover travel costs-the vacancy is thus suitable, but not limited, to individuals based in the BCMM.
Format of nomination/application
Nominations submitted should include the following:
- Nomination letter - signed by proposer accepted by nominee OR Cover letter signed by applicant; and
- Detailed Curriculum Vitate with Contactable reference.
Please send applications to:
Att: Nosipho Masiza
Closing date: 02 November, 2020
Retiring non-executive directors may stand for re-election provided they meet the above listed requirements. The appointed screening firm will give due consideration to current composition, skills and expertise of the board. In interest of dirvesity, woman and youth are encouraged to apply for consideration.
Correspondance will be enterered into with shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of closing, please consider your nomination/application as unsuccessful.